Saturday, October 19, 2013

Rune Speak

Hello lovies, tonight I am going to visit a topic I have not touched on yet (at least to my immediate memory.)

Runes are not something that I am not terrible familiar with, as I have not done a lot of work with them. The few times I have worked with them, they have given me incredible messages. I remember a couple of summers back, I was spending the weekend in Kings Valley, Oregon. It was the Shrewsbury Renaissance Faire and I was spending it with my folks and the belly dancing troupe that they are a part of. In between performances, one of the dancers went around camp and had everyone pick a rune as she has been studying them and was hoping for a bit of practice.

When she came around to me, I wasn't quiet sure what to expect. But I was curious and excited, so I went for it. I pulled the rune Wunjo, a very positive rune that means joy. It was a rather curious pick for me considering all of the chaos that I was surrounded by. I took it as a sign that things would settle down, and even improve. The one souvenir I took home with me was this pendent below.



A few years back my father made runes for me from the fallen branch of one of the apple trees in our back yard. I've never felt a particularly strong pull from the runes thus far in my path, so I mostly work with them when I do something with my Dad. A little over a year ago now, before my boyfriend and I made things official, we did a rune casting with my Dad, his wife, and one of her friends.

Both the reading for my boyfriend and myself pointed to starting a new relationship if one hadn't begun already, and with myself in particular that I would find a new power within myself and then when I found it, it would be crucial to use it.

A couple of nights back I was cleaning my room and making piles of what I would be donating. The room I occupy is not small by any means, but when you move your adult life into one room, it's not exactly easy. So I have been slowly and periodically getting rid of things that I do not use.

After I had done so I got the urge to pull out the runes. Usually when these kinds of feelings come about, I try to attend to it as soon as I can, but it does occasionally get put on the back burner.

Last Tuesday I went to a friends house, cooked, drank, and did a card reading with her. Which came out extremely positive. As in I have never seen a more positive, and uplifting reading. So I knew that when the runes rang the bell I need to listen. Whenever I've used runes I've very much done it like a three card spread, but rather then looking at each rune representing something alone, I look at it as a whole picture.

The three runes I pulled were: Tir, Othel, and Jera.

Tir talks about victory, and success in any competition.
Othel is the rune of possessions.
Jera speaks of harvest.

Looking just at the basic meanings it looks pretty good. Of course I tried to put it into a bit more context. At first Tir through me for a bit of a loop, one thing came to mind but I was hoping that I was wrong.

There has been an issue with my living situation that as gotten out of hand, and I am hoping now that it will be settled. It is something I believe to be small and petty and it has now evolved into a huge mess. I have never viewed this situation as a competition. But some times readings aren't just focused solely on you, some times you have to think a little outside of the box. So to me, Tir is telling me that even though I might now have viewed this situation as a competition, that may be what it has transformed into. With that being the case, that it should soon end, and in my favor.

Othel to me spoke of my school money. It's something that has been stressful not having, and at the point where I am writing it, still do not have, but for me it is a good indicator that it will not be a worry for very much longer.

Jera was a very good indicator to me that everything that I am been putting into making positive changes to my life will come back to me. I will reap what I have sewn through hard work and determination.

Now. One thing that I think some people do not understand about runes, cards, any kind of tool that can be used with a divinatory purpose. Nothing is set in stone. Everything is based on where you have been, where you are, and where you might go if you continue on the way that you are.

Every day, every moment, every decision that is made by every person makes up the future. It's not based on just one or ten things. The future is ever changing, and there is no way to solidly predict the future.

The book that I use when I use my runes is A Practical Guide to the Runes: Their Uses in Divination and Magick by Lisa Peschel.
So far I have only used the book to look up the meanings of the runes, so I am not sure about how the rest of the book is, but I have heard rave reviews from others who have used the book, including my Dad who game me the book.

So if you are interested in runes, I would encourage you to read about them, there is a lot of great information about them, and they can be very helpful.

With that, I need to wrap up some homework, and I have work tomorrow morning, so until next time.

Light and Blessings to you and yours.

©2013-2015 Thealynn

No comments:

Post a Comment