Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Thealynn's 2017 Reading List


Hey there everyone,

I'm doing things a bit differently today as I am literally pulling from a Note that I wrote for my Facebook page, and I thought, why not share it on my blog too, since my FB page is for my blog. I don't forsee myself coping and pasting too much from one place to the other very often, but I think in this case, it just makes sense.

A couple of years ago, I set a goal for myself to read at least 20 books, I ended up reading almost 40, which was great! But I also had a lot of mental and emotional struggles happening that year which allowed me almost too much time to read, as I used reading as a means of escape to an extreme degree.

This year, I want to create another reading list, with the goal of 15 books as I currently maintain a full time job and have a much healthier, balanced life. 

In addition to books I am reading, there will also be a list of books that I am currently working through. Ideally I will be able to finish said workbooks, but I’m not really interested in putting a time limit on those, despite a couple of them being laid out to work through them between 10-13 months. 

I am happy to receive suggestions, and hope to be able to provide reviews for books of a spiritual nature, as most of the list is currently comprised of that particular theme. 

Without further ado, here is my current book list for 2017!

1.) Tending Brigid’s Flame by Lunaea Weatherstone

2.) Earth Path by Starhawk

3.) To Walk A Pagan Path : Practical Spirituality for Every Day by Alaric Albertsson

4.) The Sea Priestess by Dion Fortune

5.) Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton

6.) Women Who Run With the Wolves : Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Esres Ph.D.

7.) The Chakra Bible by Patricia Mercier

8.) Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith

9.) Earth God Rising : The Return of the Male Mysteries

10.) How to Uncover Your Past Lives by Ted Andrews

11.) The Path of the Priestess: A Guidebook for Awakening the Divine Feminine by Sharron Rose

12.) Spirits of the Sacred Grove: The World of a Druid Priestess by Emma Restall Orr

13.) Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman

14.) Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

15.) A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

As for books that I hope to work through this year,

1.) Following Your Path : Using Myths, Symbols, and Images to Explore Your Inner Life by Alexandra Collins Dickerman

2.) In the Shadow of 13 Moons : Embracing Lunar Energy for Self-Healing & Transformation by Kimberly Sherman-Cook

3.) The Chakra Experience by Patrica Mercier

4.) Chakra Wisdom Oracle Toolkit : A 52-Week Journey of Self-Discovery within the Lost Fables by Tori Hartman

As I finish books, I will try to come and mark them off the list, so to speak. And of course if anyone wants to read along or if anyone is interested in doing a sort of reading group, please feel free to reach out to me, I would love to do something as a group.

If you're interested in following me on Facebook here is the link; Through the Secret Door by Thealynn
 
Brightest Blessing and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment