Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The Power of Feelings

Hey there loves,

It's been a couple of years since I wrote on this day, and before sitting down to write this I decided to look back on what I had written two years back, which you can read here. Which I fully encourage you to do because I feel very much the same, even more strongly than I did before.

Over the last couple of months I have been working with a coach and we had our last session about a week ago, while I was enjoying it and felt like I was gaining a lot from it, I also felt like I need to slow down, and practice listening to my own higher self, and listening to Spirit as to what to do next.

I also thought about just sharing that post as a way to observe this day, but it felt like it lacked something that I couldn't quite place my finger on. So, I decided to ask Spirit what I should do.

The last time I sat down to write, I became a mouth piece for the Universal message and it felt good. I was able to get out of my own way and just flow with the words and the feelings and there have been few times when I have felt such clarity.

I closed my eyes and felt myself fall into my meditative state and I asked the silence and the stillness within that is my higher self, that is Spirit; How can I be of service today? What message can I share?
The answer surprised me, to say the least.

Before I share the message I received, I want to be clear that this is not just something for everyone besides myself, this message includes me very much. Hearing it from Spirit, I felt is so deep down inside because I knew it was something that I've needed to learn for a long time.

When we talk about how we would like things to be different, we often hold a picture of what that difference looks like, as humans we are very visual which can be a good and not so good thing. We objectify and sexualize objects and places and even ourselves. We have a visual definition on what 'beauty' is, and if it or we don't fit into that definition than we and the things are less than, the value is diminished.

We can get so caught up on how things and we ourselves look that we completely disregard the feelings we experience. To feel something, positive or negative, we have to look inside ourselves to find that emotion, and the reason behind it.

For example, when we see a beautiful sunset the colors and the clouds or lack there of, can absolutely contribute to the beauty we see. But what do we feel when we see a beautiful sunset?

 
The photo above is one that I took during my vacation in Hawaii five years ago. When I think back to that time, I was in the midst of one of the hardest times of my life, and being in Hawaii was a chance to remind myself that while I was saying good bye to one chapter of my life, a new one was waiting for me to begin. Those sunsets filled me with peace, and hope, and the promise of something so beautiful. There was release in those sunsets, there was purity, and the much needed ending to a harsh story. Those sunsets spoke to me so deeply because what I saw was my strength and resolve painted in those skies, the waves taking my pain and resentment and feelings of foolishness away with them.

As I listened to Spirit, it was made clear to me that having a visual is not inherently a bad thing, in fact it can be an extremely helpful tool. It's when we get stuck on what we want that change to look like, and when we completely ignore how that change will feel that we find ourselves struggling to make the change and to keep it.

Visually can be a helpful starting point, but it's just one piece of the puzzle. When we go to set our intentions, our goals, so much can be had by focusing on how that change is going to make us feel.

As today is Independence Day for my country, now more than ever it's hard to feel any sense of pride. More often than not I feel frustrated, I feel angry, I feel ashamed because I know that as a country we are better than what we are portraying.

There is so much happening in this world that gives us pause, that breaks our hearts, that can make us feel helpless. But we're not. We have the power to change anything and everything that we wish to. When we think about the things that we want to see change; from things that will help make this world a better place to what will helps us feel better about ourselves, we have a vision of what that will look like - but what does it feel like?

What does that healthy body feel like? What would you feel like without that pain that you carry? What would that success feel like? What emotion would come with that feeling of peace, and acceptance, and tolerance? What would that equality feel like? What emotion would occupancy that opportunity?

How do you want to feel about yourself, about your career, about your finances, about your country?

What good is change without passion, empowerment, and heart behind it?

It's about time we stop putting our feelings in the corner, and bring them into the circle of our work. Our feelings are what motivate us to do great things, and there is so much that can be accomplished.

Until next time,

~Thealynn

©2013-2017 Thealynn Oceanna Rosewolf

No comments:

Post a Comment