Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Man in the Moon

Man in the Moon
I'm ready to meet you
I know I've been hiding from you
And I think you've been hiding from me too

Whether you are far far away
Or happily next door
I think it's time we both admit what we've been looking for

You be you
I'll be me
I'd be willing to meet you on the street
On our way to the same destination
We're heading towards each other after all

I'm ready to sing my siren song
I hope you're ready to hear it
And if you're not, that's perfectly all right
I've always been the patient kind of type

I'm not expecting love at first sight
Because we'll have the rest of our lives for that
I don't need a shinning white knight
I've got my own kind of armor that still fits all right

Not that I think I'll need it with you
But you might think you need it with me
I know in time you'll see

I'm not a damsel in distress
Nor some beast that will break your trust
I'm the perfect kind of girl for you
Not some hussy to leave you in the dust

I'm not looking to jump or fly or even run
I'm very fond of walking I'll have you know
So walk with me a while, and we'll take it slow

I can't see your face
Man in the Moon
But I know who you are
And you won't arrive a moment too soon

When the time is right 
You'll walk through those doors
Life as we knew it will be done
And a new life will have just begun

It wasn't too long ago that I used to be afraid
Afraid of me, afraid of you
All of that seems to be gone now
Washed away with only an imprint left behind

A lesson to keep with me
Perhaps a lesson still needing to be learned

So I'll be me
And you be you
One of these days we'll finally meet
And it won't be a moment too soon

It's hard to say that I already know that I love you
Because even though I know it's true
We still have so much to do
Before you know me and I know you

So I'll continue my walk alone
Happy and content
Knowing that while you may not be here yet
Every step I take is one step closer to you

I'm happy to walk this journey
Because when I do finally find you
When you finally find me
It will be as if we were never apart

In this my heart I truly believe
With a patient smile and my head held high
Man in the Moon
I'm ready to meet you

©2015 Thealynn Oceanna Rosewolf

No comments:

Post a Comment