Sunday, January 25, 2015

Grounding and Bubble Meditations

Hello lovies,

Welcome to Part Six of my Open Heart Series!

If you have not read the previous parts of this series I would encourage you to follow the links below so that you can get all caught up! What started as a minor project has blossomed into a journeys of how, why, and how to!
 
Following pieces of this series will include ways to connect with your guides and of course the resulting experience of the February Full Moon Ritual through Sage Goddess.

Previous Series Postings
OHNMR
OHNMRT
Behind Door Number Two
Why Answer the Why
When Guides Come Knocking

So without further ado!


As promised here are a couple of different meditations that I have been practicing. Before I jump in,  I would like to say that I used to not be one for meditation. It used to be very hard for me to concentrate and quiet my mind enough to feel like it did any good. If that is something you are struggling with I would encourage you to keep trying, it does get easier, I promise.

I would also like to point out that meditating on even the most basic level, sitting quietly for five to ten minutes focusing on your breathing, has been proven to have residual benefits not only in relieving stress, but it helps your skin, it can help lower your risk for life threatening occurrences such as stroke and heart attack. If you'd like to learn more about the health benefits of meditating, follow the link here.  

One thing I found that is extremely helpful is to have some sort of white noise. I can't have things too quiet otherwise I end up noticing EVERYTHING. There are a lot of good meditation CDs out there with all different kinds of music or white noise. I usually put on my Piano Guys Pandora station and let it play. Everyone is different, so if you don't find your niche right away, don't be discouraged.

I think the very first meditation I ever learned or even heard of was a grounding meditation. If you've been with me for a while, you've probably heard me talk about different stones I use for grounding. And while they are helpful, not everyone works with stones, which is totally fine! So if stones are not your thing or you can't afford them or simply don't have one with you, there is still an excellent way to ground yourself that you can do anywhere.

Before I go further I would like to add that I would not recommend doing this or any meditation if you are driving or operating heavy machinery. (I don't know how necessary that actually is, but you never know.)

 I always begin and end my meditations the same way, and always you are free to use my suggests as a starting point, or if you just really like them, go for it! That is the purpose of sharing after all. :)

I always begin every meditation with closing my eyes and taking in a few deep breathes. I don't have a particular order I do this in, so just go with whatever comes naturally to you.

Whether you are planning to meditate for five to ten minutes or a hour, you want to be comfortable, hopefully in a quiet place where you will not be interrupted. It's not always going to be possible but when you're learning, it's the best way to go about it. Eventually you may learn to do it any where you are!

Once you are comfortable and you have taken your breaths with your eyes closed, imagine yourself outside. You could be in a garden, in a park, a field, underneath a tree, wherever it is that you feel comfortable.

I personally am a very visual person, so I like to imagine the way that the grass feels underneath me, is there a breeze, what time of day is it, is there anything going on around me or am I alone? My go to is always to be sitting underneath a tree, my back supported by the firmness of the trunk.

Don't feel like you have to answer every one of those questions. If the idea of painting that specific of a picture is distracting or overwhelming, let it go. If the easiest picture for you to visualize is you standing in the middle of an open field with the sun shining down and a breeze passing by, that's great! It does not have to be elaborate.

And as you meditate more and you get comfortable, you will probably also have a 'go to' scenario. Remember, do what feels right, don't worry about the rest. Once you feel comfortable, the rest will fall into place.

Now, once you have your visual in mind, continue your breathing. In your mind's eye, get comfortable where you are, when you feel safe and content touch the ground beneath you. Whether with your hands or your feet, you want to have a direct connection with the earth.

When that feels good, take in a deep breath and feel your arms/legs/finger tips energetically reaching down into the earth itself. As you exhale, feel the energy of the earth travel up through your appendages to the rest of your body. With every breath in imagine them traveling further down, and every breath out, more of the grounding essence of the earth come into you.

I personally love imagining my feet acting as roots traveling deeper and deeper and as they do, that I grow taller and taller, and as I do I myself transform into a great oak tree in full bloom at the height of summer.

Continue to do this until you feel yourself firmly grounded. When you feel solidly grounded, try reversing the purpose for your breathing; with every breath in, imagine yourself retracting from the earth, and with every breath out imagine giving the nervouse/upset/angry/anxious energy back to the earth.

Once you are back to your original or whole self, imagine a bell ringing in the distance. Soft at first, but progressively growing louder until you feel yourself back to where you started before the meditation. Take a few deep breaths before opening your eyes. Wiggle your toes and your fingers, open your eyes slowly, maybe blink a few times. Make sure you feel steady in your being before getting up and moving around.

I like to give a sort thanks to the earth for lending me its energy to ground and calm myself before fully getting up and around.

Grounding meditations are a great way to 'break in' to meditating, and meditations are not always terribly deep. Some times if I don't want to go the whole giant tree route, I imagine a chord going from my navel to the earth and sending all of my unwanted energy down to the center of the earth and once that is done, I fill up the space with calm, grounding energy.

The other meditation that I have been working on recently what I call the Bubble Meditation. I was reintroduced to this mediation within the last week and thought how silly I felt for not applying it more liberally to my practice.

Maybe it's just me, but I talk about bubbles a lot. Whether I am describing another person, an event or even personal space, I like bubbles. Plus they are just super fun to blow and play with.

For the Bubble Meditation, it really is SO SIMPLE, it will blow your socks off. This is another meditation that can be done anywhere, any time (expect for what I mentioned above, I'm sure you remember.)

This is so simple and awesome you don't even really have to meditate to do this. I like to because I feel more focused, and I feel like I put more intent and energy behind it doing it that way.

So! When you are settled in and comfortable, you've done your breathing and your eyes are closed imagine yourself just as you are in your minds eye, with one small difference, you are one a slight platform.

In front of you are words or phrases that represent or describe your worries, fears, distractions, illness, pain, whatever it is that has been preoccupying your mind and stealing your energy. Put whatever it is, and you can certainly do more then one at a time, put them into a bubble.

Visualize them floating in front of you inside of their respective bubbles, you decide if they are big or small bubbles. Once you have done that, imagine there being space between you and whatever it is that you have put inside of that bubble.

You can blow at them, have the wind carry them away, or just see yourself pushing them away with your mind. Whatever works for you to put defined space between you and it.

Now, this is clearly not going to be a problem solver, but it can help you to stay focused. It can help you to put distance between yourself and what has been keeping your vibrations and energy low.

It might sound a bit cheesy, but I promise you, it really does help. Even if it's just something you do before bed to help clear your head for better sleep. I fell asleep the other night watching the bubbles be carried away, and I slept great!

Meditation is something that I think every single person could benefit from, especially living in such a busy world, it really makes it that much more beneficially to take five to ten minutes to just breath in a quiet space.

I have in mind to share a couple of other meditations I do, but those will come a little bit later. This is a great way to get started and will help open so many doors when you're ready to try deeper, or even guided meditations.

If that is something you would like to see from me in the future, don't be shy, tell me in the comments below! I would also love to hear how these meditations work for you.

Sending you loving light and peace,

Thealynn

©2013-2015 Thealynn

No comments:

Post a Comment